Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Am A Warrior

I will be the first one to admit I watch an unhealthy amount of TV. One of the "shows" that I will not miss and takes up space on our DVR que is The Biggest Loser. It is so inspiring to watch these people who have been so overweight for so long make the changes necessary for a healthy life. I got home from class earlier than usual since we had an exam, so I had time to watch. In last night's episode they went to New Zealand. Wow, what a beautiful place! The challenge was a 5K race on one of the beautiful beaches. Like the contestants, I have never really been a "runner". Seeing everyone finish the race no matter what, was awesome! This brings me to the title of my post today.

I have been getting ready for my first ever 5K. I know to most a 5K doesn't sound hard. For someone who could hardly run a mile, to who now is running 3-3.25 miles daily, completing a 5k is kind of a big deal. A few months ago Rebecca, a wonderful co-worker of mine mentioned The Warrior Dash. I decided that this race would be the best for my first. Check it out http://www.warriordash.com/! They describe it as a hellish 3.40 miles of crazy obstacles. The best part is when the race is finished there is music, beer, and turkey legs. If anything can make me cross the finish line it is some beer and turkey legs! Finishers also get a medal and a sweet warrior helmet!




My partner in crime at work, Jamie and I are in the 2pm wave together. We make each other laugh whenever we are together, so it will be great to do with her. We have a costume idea of course. Although at this time I am not at liberty to disclose the specifics. HA! Here we are:
The race is a little over 2 weeks away. We are so stoked! I know it is not a serious race, but it has made me realize I really can do whatever I put my mind to. Yes I Am A Warrior!

Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment