Friday, May 6, 2011

The Times When You Still Need Your Mother

A mother and daughter's bond is like no other. Though times she felt like my worst enemy, I know now that she is my greatest ally in life. I know all she ever did was to shape me into the person that I am today. I will always strive to make her proud. Mom I love you!!

I found this awesome article in my Glamour magazine and wanted to share it in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day.

The Times When You Still Need Your Mother

When...
...the love of your life gives you a diamond ring... or meets someone else.
...the moment you pee in a stick and it's (OMG!) positive.--- I can't wait for this one!
...on the morning of your birthday, when no one else is going to call till noon.
...someone gives you a compliment so lavish you'd be embarrassed to repeat it to anyone else.
...you find a lump. Or she does. (My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced this.)
...the kids you're babysitting won't stop crying.
...you get your first pink-eye or food processor... or mother-in-law.
...you need someone to assure you that yes, 30 (or 40!) is still really, really young.
...you need to know the exact shade to fix your under eye circles.
...the recipe calls for evaporated milk and you're standing in the grocery aisle wondering, Is that a powder? A liquid? A gas?
...you have swung up to the sky, and it doesn't seem real until she applauds.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great article and so very true!! I cherish every moment I can get with my mom and would love to crawl in her lap and have her tickle my back like when I was little. (I may have done that as an adult when I was super sad lol) ssshhh!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete